Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day. More important, 2 1/2 days of school left!!!

In observance of the holiday, we traveled up to Layton where we had lunch with my brother and his family followed by a short visit to the Kaysville cemetery where we placed flowers for my father, mother, and youngest brother. We also visited my childhood best friends grave and that of my Uncle Curtis.

Of course, once we got home, someone wanted their tummies rubbed!

This morning we enjoyed a plate of crepes (recipe) with our home-grown strawberries after working out in the yard a little bit. Here of some of the other plants and vegetables we have in the yard this year.

Abby enjoying our snapdragons while watching out for birds. We bought a very attractive bird feeder this year and have seen a number of small, song birds out munching away at it.

The geranium DeeAnn planted that was given to me from a bookmobile patron.

Our cat-fertilized tomato patch.

Some of DeeAnn's sweet peas.

My potatoes are finally starting to grow!

Lobelia, Pansies, Marigolds and Roses in our yard.

No comments: