Sunday, November 11, 2007

Disneyworld 2007 - Epcot

Our first full day at Disneyworld found us at EPCOT. Dorie and Jimmy joined us for the day which included a few fast rides such as Test Track and Mission:SPACE.

We also visited Universe of Energy, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Living with the Land (pictures shown below) , Soarin', Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Journey into Imagination with Figment.


Note the hidden Mickey in the picture below.


But what I was looking forward to the most was the Food and Wine Festival. I do have to say I was disappointed in the quality and size of the portions this year. This year I tried several booths, but it was sooo busy (that's what we get for going on a Saturday) that we avoided a lot of booths that I would have liked to have tried. Nevertheless, I tried the lamb at the New Zealand booth (okay, would have been better if cooked more and a little warmer), strawberry shortcake at the USA booth (very good), and the boxty (potatoe pancake) and the cheese plate at the Ireland booth (photo below; not very impressive, the pancake had little flavor--I guess I like the Perkins Restaurant variety better--and the cheese was dried out).

Meanwhile, DeeAnn, Dorie and Jimmy all tried other foods, including shrimp on the barbie from Australia, Spaetzle with mushroom ragout (pictured below) and Debriziner sausage with saurkraut in a pretzel roll from Germany (pictured with Jimmy eating), and of course, Leftsa from the Norway snack shop and funnel cake from a snack shop along the way (does Jimmy ever stop eating?).



No comments: