Sunday, March 23, 2008

Review - Mr. Monk in Outer Space

Earlier this week I finished Mr. Monk in Outer Space by Lee Goldberg. This was the fifth Monk book I have read.

The title is misleading. I was thinking somehow Monk would actually make it to outerspace. And the cover art indicates Monk ends up in a hazmat suit. Neither happen. Instead Monk is called on to investigate the death of the creator of a cult-classic TV program Beyond Earth (think Star Trek). He finally connects all his dots to figure out which "earther" (trekie) was the killer.

I didn't think this book was as funny or clever as the others. And I am especially miffed the title and cover art are so misleading. But I am still a fan of the books, recommending them. In fact, DeeAnn recently completed reading Mr. Monk and the Blue Flu. I am looking forward to this summer when Mr. Monk Goes to Germany comes out.

There are a few bad words in the book, but not too offensive. The book was 274 pages and was a very quick book to read.

Now it's on to The Time Thief by Linda Buckley-Archer.

No comments: