Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Review - Hot Mahogany


Even though it takes forever to make it through listening to a recorded book while working, I finished my latest, Hot Mahogany by Stuart Woods.

The premise of the story is that Stone Barrington becomes involved with a piece of antique furniture worth millions. It has been stolen from the rightful owner by a former army buddy. The owner wants it back and goes to extraordinary lengths (all legal) to get it back. And Stone is recruited to help get it back.

The description on the cover says "with it's swift action, bold characters, and wit...." I don't exactly know where they hid the swift action, bold characters, or wit. My assessment of this book: BORING! I am disappointed with Woods latest title. It's clear he is seeking to write in a new direction but fails. I cannot recommend this one.

Now I am listening to Fairest by Gail Carson Levine.

No comments: