Monday, October 19, 2009

Review - Fire and Ice



Just before leaving for our vacation I finished reading Fire and Ice by J.A. Jance. I enjoyed this book.

Jance writes two series, the Beaumont series, set in Seattle and the Brady series, set in Tuscon. This book brought both characters together (she did this previously in another title). A series of murders occur in both locations and are finally linked. While I enjoyed the book, it was a little hard to follow at times as the story switched back and forth from Seattle to Tuscon without a whole lot of explanation. It took more than 2/3rds of the book before the two cities were actually linked and I would have enjoyed a little more interaction between the main characters. But Jance did a wonderful job of keeping the characters personalities separate, though at times you felt like you needed a cheat sheet to seep the supporting characters roles straight.

So it was on to Lemon Tart by Josi S. Kilpack, but I could not get into it, so I'm looking for something else to read.

No comments: