Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Why I Love Traveling With My Wife

I'm sitting in Portland, Oregon anticipating a great Public Library Association conference. But I didn't bring DeeAnn with me and I already miss her. Why? Well...
  1. I had to use a regular parking lot. (Okay, the driver was there waiting for me the minute I pulled in the lot at 5:30 am, but I don't even get covered parking)
  2. I was not pulled out of the security line to the "special" line. (Since there were only about 5 people in line I guess it didn't really matter. But I only had to keep track of one computer, one pair of shoes, one coat, one bag, etc.)
  3. I didn't get on the plane first! (Didn't really matter since I had a reserved seat so I could afford a last minute potty break)
  4. I had to sit in a seat which forced me to bend my legs! (No bulkhead, whaaaaaaa!)
  5. Couldn't sit in the convenient seating on the train. (I always enjoy the looks of people when they realize they have to move! But it was a free train ride from the airport to a block from my hotel)
  6. No extra room in the hotel room. No extra space in the bathroom even though the room is pretty good size. (And no female things on the bathroom counter. I don't even know how to use a hair dryer.)
  7. Lastly, no wife to tease. But at least I feel pretty good about bringing her here and showing her around.
I'll post pictures when I get home and have access to a way to download my pictures.

No comments: