Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Review - Magyk


I recently finished Magyk by Angie Sage. tjis was the first book in the Septimus Heap series. I loved this book. I thought the plot moved along, was imaginative and kept me guessing what would happen next. I am really looking forward to reading the sequel, Flyte to see if it is as good and if the rest of the series is as good. It is certainly a popular series at the library.

Here's the plot (courtesy of Good Reads): "The seventh son of the seventh son, aptly named Septimus Heap, is stolen the night he is born by a midwife who pronounces him dead. That same night, the baby's father, Silas Heap, comes across a bundle in the snow containing a new born girl with violet eyes. The Heaps take this helpless newborn into their home, name her Jenna, and raise her as their own. But who is this mysterious baby girl, and what really happened to their beloved son Septimus?"

I have already started on Simon Bloom: Gravity Keeper by Michael Reisman.

No comments: