Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Off to Work We Go

While DeeAnn still has a few more weeks to go before going back to school, I have been very busy. The library is coming along. Carpet is being laid, ceiling tiles and lights are in place, and the cabinetry (including the circulation counter) are in place. September 13th is the open house but I still have lots of work to do to get ready.

This week I interviewed about a dozen people for 4 positions in the library, mostly for the full-time assistant librarian position. I have about the same number of interviews next week for the same position and the 3 part-time clerks.

I have been ordering books and videos like crazy. Our new computer system is coming along with training on it next week. I also ordered a book drop this week and arranged for our wireless Internet throughout the library and into the park outside the library (planned--ready for bid in a couple of weeks).

We still have a few more policies that will need to be written and approved including our Internet Policy. Yet this is still a lot of fun and very rewarding. It will be great once the library is opened and running. Then I'll be able to relax (or will I?).

No comments: