Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Review - The Last Patriot


The book I finished the other day was actually one I had to buy! With so many books in the library, you think I could find one, but they were all packed away in boxes and not yet moved to the new library. So I broke down and bought another book. This one was The Last Patriot by Brad Thor. I've enjoyed his before and thought it would be a great read.

Scot Horvath has retired, or so he thinks until a bombing disrupts his vacation. He is quickly drawn into a Da Vinci Code-like plot where he discovers an ancient revelation by the prophet Mohammed will disrupt and nearly destroy the Muslum faithful, while some of the more radical elements in the faith will stop at nothing to stop the discovery from being made public.

There is ongoinbg action, a number of deep subplots but not really anything new that has not been done before. So now it's on to Damage Control by J.A. Jance (yes it's a library book)

No comments: